Friday 28 March 2008

Steve Hargadon

Translation of post "Steve Hargadon" of March 11th 2008 on "Il deserto dei tartari 2.0".

Steve Hargadon is one of the promoters of Ning, a web 2.0 service allowing, hearken, to create whole personalized social networks.
Inside Ning there is one social network, created by Steve Hargadon, Classroom 2.0, whose topic is the use of Web 2.0 tools for educational purposes.
Why am I mentioning him? Because one of the reasons that led me to get involved in these matters is precisely a blog post of his, "Web 2.0 is the future of education". It's a post worth reading and discussing, at least to understand the perspective difference between our Italian way of seeing education and the US one.
Let me get this straight: I am very attached to our dear wrecked Italian education system. But I am also convinced that, from time to time, looking somewhere else can only be good.
Have a nice time reading Hargadon's post!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: