Friday 28 March 2008

What is Web 2.0

Translation of post "Cos'è il Web 2.0" of March 12th 2008 on "Il deserto dei tartari 2.0".

It is perhaps a good thing if I state what I intend with Web 2.0, since this is one of the two legs of this blog.

I refer to Hargadon's post already mentioned in a previous post.

If Web 1.0 is internet as we have known it here in Italy at its first mass diffusion, that is a place where it is quite easy finding content, less easy selecting them, but much more difficult and expensive creating them, Web 2.0 is the "natural" and interactive evolution, that is internet as it is getting more and more used (especially among young generations): easy creation of content, personalisation, community and interaction tools, collaborative work and sharing tools.

Youtube, Facebook, Flickr are among the "champions" of this small or large revolution. This blog itself is an example of Web 2.0. It took me five minutes to open it. Any time I want to post I only need to open a window in my browser, write and push a button to publish directly. The limitation (but probabily this is just the crucial point) is only my creativity and productivity.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: