Tuesday 8 April 2008

Letter to parents

Translation of post "Lettera ai genitori" of April 1st 2008 on "Il deserto dei tartari 2.0".


Today I showed my principal (and the "Liceo" coordinator) the letter I intend to send to my 14-16 students' parents, to explain what the heck they are doing on the net and what we are going to do in the next few weeks.

The necessity for this comes from the decision of using a wiki with my students, on wikidot.com, and to do so it's necessary to create an email account. Since our school is not provided with this service, we shall probably have to open external accounts (I don't know, gmail o yahoo) for those students who don't already have a personal email address.

So I took the opportunity for a moment of correctness and transparency, also because the net is full of references to similar procedures when it comes to accessing the net with minors.

I think it's also a good way of involving the parents and to further motivate the students, seen that their parents will be able to appreciate their innovative work (provided they let them see it!).

I'm curious...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: