Wednesday 16 April 2008

To Talia about teacher-student interaction in e-learning.

Let me post here a comment I left on this Talia's blog post.


Hi Talia. Congratulations for your excellent blog and the great ideas you give through it.
I completely agree with you on this one: establishing an e-learning environment doesn’t decrease the teacher’s workload, on the contrary!
Somehow the teacher allows students to access information, tasks, projects… even when the teacher is not there. But they will do it only if they see that the teacher is there anyway, if they understand that they are not alone, that their effort is being followed.
One of the main reasons I am exploring this field is that I want my students not to think of the subject I teach only on Wed evening because on Thu morning we have a class, something we know is not conducive to great learning, but that happens more and more frequently in my corner of the world. A virtual classroom is something that can be exciting because it resembles things students do on the net, but with a different purpose; it can help motivation, give different keys to learning… But an empty virtual classroom is as empty as a real one. Students want people to be there. Students (and parents) want their (advanced and brave) teacher to be there, always. Or at least when they are needed there.
One point I would like to hear your opinion and tips about is evaluation and assessment in e-learning. I feel a bit… clueless :-) about this one.
I’ll keep in touch.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: